Find out about Canarship’s shipping consignment, tramp trade, project cargo and other offshore and integrated logistics services.
Find out about Global Container Agency Maroc, a shipping agency specialising in containerised freight transport in Morocco.
Find out about Romship’s specialised logistics services in international freight transport, storage and distribution.
Find out about Sea Bridge’s specialised import and export sea and air consolidation services and discover their scheduled departures.
Find out about logistics operator TIBA’s international freight and customs brokerage services tailored to each industry.
Find out about Transglory, Marglory and Iberglrory’s consolidation shipping services and learn more about their specialised LCL range.
Specialised air freight logistics services
Air freight is the most commonly used method for shipping high-value goods, perishable products with a short shelf-life, medicinal products and medical devices, and for sending samples. However, it can also be used to carry any type of goods where urgency is paramount such as sending spare parts to prevent a factory stoppage or stock-outs.
Our air freight range includes import and export services for:
- Scheduled air freight: most goods travel in the holds of commercial aircraft. Our companies have agreements with the main airlines which guarantee space in their holds.
- Charter: : if there is no space, an emergency or a customer has a specific need, we charter private planes for urgent deliveries.
- Consolidated air freight: regular departures for shipping consolidated cargo.
- Cross trade: triangular operations with direct shipment from origin to final destination, thus fast-tracking the distribution chain, minimising administrative procedures and cutting costs.
Sector that regularly use air freight
Although all kinds of freight may be carried by air, there are some industries that use it more often. They include:
- Pharmaceutical and medical supplies industry.
- High-value products such as jewellery and high technology.
- Foodstuffs with a short shelf-life.
There are also situations where air freight is normally used on emergency grounds as the goods are supplied in a matter of days:
- Likely factory stoppage due to stock shortages.
- Sending samples to potential customers.