WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A Cookie is any type of file or device that is downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment for the purpose of storing data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
TYPES OF COOKIES
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
According to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session Cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interested to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.