Find out about Canarship’s shipping consignment, tramp trade, project cargo and other offshore and integrated logistics services.
Specialised project cargo services
For shipping special loads whose size or weight means they cannot be containerised, we provide bespoke Project Cargo logistics and transport services.
Based on the cargo’s needs, we design an ad hoc logistics project which includes feasibility surveys and studies, industrial packaging design and special freight and charter services.
- We conduct a feasibility study including site surveys to size the project and choose the most appropriate logistics solutions.
- We arrange for industrial packaging to ensure the goods are carried safely and securely.
- We provide multimodal transport engineering services to design the route and means of transport required..
- Customs management and goods clearance.
- Base and warehouse project management.
- We also specialise in supplying offshore industrial sectors such as gas and oil, where we deliver services fully customised to their logistics needs.
Project cargo shipping
These kinds of goods are generally transported by land and sea since these options provide greater weight and volume flexibility. The goods are often loaded directly into the holds and open spaces of cargo ships, although sometimes specialised means of transport tailored to these loads are needed such as flo-flo vessels, barges or towed pontoons.
The main sectors using project cargo services are:
- Renewable energy.
- Chemical and petrochemical.
- Oil & gas.
- Recreational sailing.